NCL first saw the New Cascadia in real life at the Louisville, KY trucking show in 2017 and we were amazed!
The aerodynamics is insane! Not just it looks great but provides a great fuel efficiency (~ 8% better than similar Freightliner Evolution). New model got much safer with Active Safety Systems with Detroit Assurance! Here's the model we saw:
- New Cascadia
- 126" BBC w /72" raised roof sleeper
- Detroit DD15 400HP @ 1750 LB/FT
- DT12 Direct Automated Manual
- 12,500 lb Detroit axle / 12,500 lb Taperleaf suspension
- 40,000 lb Detroit Intermediate Track Tandem w / Axle Lube Management (ALM) - rear axle
- 40,000 lb Airliner - rear suspension
- 2 x 120 gallon fuel tanks
- 225" wheelbase
Aero-X Package, Detroit Assurance with Lane Departure Warning, Detroit Connect Virtual Technician, Driver Loft with Murphy Bed, eVault, Flat Screen TV Mount, Instrument Cluster with 5" TFT Screen, Premium Interior Insulation, Premium LED Cab and Sleeper Lighting, Pre-Trip Exterior Bulb Inspection, Slate Gray Interior with Premium Driver and Passenger Seats.
Here's what we liked about it:
Lot's of space, redesigned cabinets with rubber seals, all-new workstation (possibly better than VNL780), built-in bed with mattress that easily transforms to table. One-piece windshield unlike previous models. Disc brakes. Very impressive work by Freightliner! Check back with NCL Truck Sales Inc later this year. We might have the first units for sale then.